Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Hi-Point Carbines

As some of you know, I am a huge fan of the Hi-Point Carbine. My 9mm model TS995 is probably the weapon that I have the most fun with. I can hit anything I point at from 50 and 100 yards. I have put about 3500 rounds through it and have never had a failure to feed or failure to eject, ever.

I'm going to put it to the test soon though. I have 100 rounds of lead cast bullets that I want to try out. If it doesn't fail on those I don't know what else to do to trip it up.

If you have never seen the Hi-Point Carbine, here is a picture...


This was my first target. 50 yards. 20 rounds. It started out shooting left and a little high. We slowly inched it over and down. The groups are incredible and it will do the same thing at 100 yards.
And here is my 16 year old Daughter putting a few rounds through it.
As you can see, not only is it deadly accurate but it is also drop dead gorgeous. It is almost as beautiful as my Daughter, almost.

Anyway, the point of this post is I am thinking about getting another one. I have very little interest in the .45. I'm sure it is every bit as fine as my 9mm but it is just too expensive to shoot. I do have an interest in the .40 caliber.

If anyone owns one and has experience with it I would like to hear what you have to say. And if anyone from Hi-Point has anything to add to the conversation, I would welcome that also.